Residence with a family
A person applying for this type of residence permit in Poland should demonstrate that he/she has a stable and regular source of income sufficient to support him/herself and the members of his/her family in Poland.
From 1 October 2018, the minimum amount is at least PLN 528 net per person in a family or PLN 701 net in the case of a single householder.
A document confirming a stable source of income can be, among other things, a document confirming the income of an earning member of the family, e.g.:
– parent’s/spouse’s employment contract
– PIT returns on the amount of income earned by the applicant or family member for the last tax year
– certificate from the Social Insurance Institution (ZUS)
It should be remembered that the remuneration for the work must comply with the minimum work regulations, e.g. in 2021 the minimum gross wage is PLN 2,800 for a full-time job and PLN 18.30 per hour.
An account statement is not a document confirming a stable, regular income, because it only represents the balance of a bank account at a given time and is an exhaustible source of income.
In the case of regular inflows to an account, it is therefore necessary to document their source.
The requirement to maintain a source of stable and regular income is also deemed to be met if the applicant’s subsistence costs are covered by a family member who is obliged to maintain the applicant and who resides in the territory of Poland.
NOTE: Confirmation of a source of stable and regular income is not required if the application is submitted by:
– spouse of a Polish citizen
– a family member of a migrant within the first 6 months following the granting to him/her of refugee status or subsidiary protection,
– a person residing in Poland without valid residence documents (undocumented stay).