Permit for a residence of a long-term EU resident

Each application must be accompanied by a set of documents that are required by law.  

If you do not have all the documents on the day of application, it is possible to provide them later. 

Learn which documents to attach to your application for a long-term resident’s EU residence permit:

  • 2 copies of the application for a temporary residence permit (2 originals or 1 original and a copy with original signatures)
  • 4 up-to-date colour photographs, 35 x 45 mm in size
  • 2 copies of a valid travel document (all written pages – stamps, entries). If you do not possess a travel document, in particularly justified cases you may submit copies of another identity document
  • confirmation of payment of the stamp duty to the office’s account
  • documents confirming an assured place of residence in Poland (e.g. lease agreement)
  • a declaration, made under penalty of law, of the number of dependants
  • documents confirming health insurance (current and for the last three years).
  • documents confirming the possession of the required 5 years of legal and continuous residence on the territory of Poland (photocopy of previous passport containing visas, residence cards, decisions)
  • documents confirming a current stable and regular source of income (a current contract of employment/ contract of mandate/ contract for specific work or another basis for remuneration, together with documents authorising you to work in Poland). Verify whether you have sufficient income to obtain a residence permit for a long-term EU resident >>
  • documents confirming a stable and regular source of income for the last three years; e.g. employment contract/ contract of mandate/ contract for specific work with documents authorising to perform work in Poland, PIT 11 or PIT 11A, tax returns PIT 37 or PIT 40 with a confirmation of sending to the relevant tax office or certificates from the tax office stating the generated income with the amount of income, social and health insurance contributions and tax
  • documents confirming the knowledge of the Polish language (e.g. official certificate confirming the knowledge of the Polish language, i.e. certificate issued by the State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a Foreign Language of at least B1 level or certificate of graduation from a school in Poland (e.g. primary school, secondary school, high school, technical secondary school or diploma with a supplement, indicating that the language of classes was Polish) or certificate of graduation from a school abroad, with Polish as the language of classes